The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued a notice on December 10. The notice says it is revising the standards for lithium-ion batteries. The ministry claims it is for promote the transformation and modernization of industry and technological progress. The ministry also repealed the “Lithium-Ion Battery Industry Specification Requirements (2018 Edition)” and “Interim Measures for the Administration of Lithium-Ion Battery Industry Specification Announcements (Edition 2018)” 2018) ”.
Lithium-ion battery manufacturers must meet the following conditions:
Companies legally registered and established in China must meet the following conditions. Their R&D expenses will not be less than 3% of the income from the main activity of the enterprise for the year. In addition, these companies will have to obtain provincial level, R&D institutions, technology centers or high-tech enterprise qualifications. Their main products must have patents.
Enterprises should adopt advanced technology, energy saving, environmental protection, safe and stable practices. More precisely, these marks must have the following characteristics
1. Lithium-ion battery manufacturers should be able to monitor the uniformity of electrodes after coating. the the thickness and length of the electrode coating should be checked with an accuracy of at least 2 µm and 1 mm respectively. They should have electrode drying technology, and the accuracy of water content control should not be less than 10 ppm.
2. Lithium-ion battery manufacturers should be able to control temperature, humidity and cleanliness during the injection process. They should have the ability to detect high voltage internal short circuit (HI-POT) line detection after battery assembly.
3. Lithium ion battery manufacturers should be able to control the open circuit voltage and internal resistance of individual cells. The accuracy should not be less than 1mV and 1mΩ respectively. In addition, they should be able to check the operation of the battery protection card online.
- The energy density of the consumer battery is 230 Wh / kg
- The energy density of the battery is ≥180 Wh / kg
- The volume energy density of the single polymer battery is ≥ 500 Wh / L
- Life cycle ≥500 times a
- The capacity retention rate is 80%.
- The energy density of single energy type cell using ternary materials is 210 Wh / kg
- The energy density of the battery is 150 Wh / kg
- The energy density of other single energy type cells is 160 Wh / kg
- The energy density of the battery is 115 Wh / kg
- The power density of single power battery is ≥500W / kg
- The power density of the battery is ≥350W / kg
- 1000 times lifespan and capacity retention rate ≥80%
- The energy density of single energy storage type battery is ≥145Wh / kg
- The energy density of the battery is ≥100Wh / kg
- The cycle life is ≥5000 times, and the capacity retention rate is 80%.
The specific capacity of lithium iron phosphate is 145Ah / kg while the the specific capacity of the ternary material is 165Ah / kg. In addition, the specific capacity of lithium cobaltate is 160Ah / kg, and the specific capacity of lithium manganate is ≥115Ah / kg. Other performance indicators of cathode materials can refer to the above requirements.
The specific capacity of carbon (graphite) is 335Ah / kg while the specific capacity of amorphous carbon is ≥250Ah / kg. In addition, the specific capacity of silicon-carbon is ≥420Ah / kg.